Monday, July 8, 2013

1st things 1st!! - - {{Downloadable Freebie}}

Fitness Magazine

I remember when I was hired to teach my first position as a 3rd grade teacher. Being fresh out of college, it was an exciting experience to walk into the human resources department and fill out my multiple pages of information and then sign my contract. It was such a great feeling to sign this contract, and I was honored to have shared it with the people around me. When we find ourselves gaining a new job the 1st thing we do is sign a contract... which promises that we will complete the task we've been assigned. Professional athletes.. when they finally select and team (or a team selects them) they initially sign a contract. The same happens with medical professionals, construction workers... and it can happen with your work out and your fitness goals. (Don't lessen your goals because it is not a "job" or a "career." )

 Each time we begin new, we make promises to others whether it is voluntary or involuntary. Why not make a contract/promise to yourself??

Here is my contract.
Any suggestions on Rewards??
 When you are ready to begin your health and fitness journey, create a contract, a written contract with yourself. Stop and think, what is it I want to accomplish?? How long am I going to give myself to accomplish this goal??... Is it REASONABLE??.. and most importantly sign this contract with someone who is close to you, and stick it on the fridge. (Some place where it can be seen) Accountability is a HUGE word that we do not always enjoy hearing, however; it's the truth. Someone is always holding us accountable for our progress in our profession. Why not in fitness?? Find a friend, spouse, or family member who you trust to help PUSH you... to be your "cheerleader" your positive reminder, and the person to keep you "laser focused" when it becomes tough.

Stairway to Success


On my site, I have created a goal sheet that I use myself. I have attached the link as a FREEBIE download for you. Please feel free to download and print it!! Use it as needed, to fit you and your goals! This contract doesn't need to be SUPER formal. It just needs to state the important facts for you to be successful.



No comments:

Post a Comment